Mountain Gorilla Tracking Rules and Regulation
Wishing to come to Africa for Gorilla Trekking Experience? Select the Gorilla park to visit with any of the Gorilla Trekking Companies Recommended on Gorilla Select Guide. Read more about the Dos and Donts while on a Gorilla Trekking Safari to avoid problems from the Silver back gorillas, After Provoking the Mountain Gorillas in their wild.
Mountain Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations in Uganda,Rwanda and Congo are the Same.
- When with gorillas stay in a distance of about 7metres (21ft), this will help the gorillas to keep relaxed.
- Stay together in a tight group when you meet gorillas do not move alone
- Do not Smoke, eat and drink when with gorillas as this may put the life of gorillas and yours in danger Eating or drinking inevitably will increase the risk of food/drink morsels/droplets falling, which could increase the risk of transmission of diseases
- Gorillas can catch your diseases; you must not enter the forest if you are sick.
- Don not leave litter in the forest
- In case you need to urinate or defecate, do it off the trail, inform your guide and dig a pit of about 30 meters long after burry your waste along with any toilet paper.
- Keep as quite as possible when in the forest, you see more forest dwellers like birds, and other wildlife like the giant forest hog among other.
- Do not imitate gorillas’ vocalization; you may not know what you might be saying
- Do not use flash cameras when taking photography this can scare away animals
- Ounce you meet gorillas you are strictly allowed only one hour with them studying their behaviors as well as taking as many photos as you can. But, if the gorillas turn to be restless or nervous, your guide will end the visit earlier.
- When the gorilla charge follow the guide’s instructions for example squat down slowly, don’t directly look into the eyes of the gorillas they may think you are an enemy wait for them to pass). Don’t attempt to run away as this will increase the threat.
- You are not allowed to touch gorillas remember they are wild animals they may charge on you.
Avoid the Following Please Gorilla Trekkers in the Jungles of Africa.
Eating while tracking gorillas, You can carry your picnic but do not eat in the vicinity of the Mountain gorillas and watch out to what is recommended by the Gorilla Safari companies. You eating might encourage the gorillas to come and share your delicacy with you.
Chest beating, Please do not imitate the male gorilla chest beating. The silver back will take that as a challenge and charge after you which can result in severe injuries. Please note that you are not liable for any compensation for any animal related injuries in the parks. Though charging has not been reported for a long time, please avoid any provocation as you will come out second best.
When to buy Gorilla permits in Rwanda, Uganda & Congo,
Gorilla Permits in all the Mountain Gorilla Destinations are sold on first come, First serve, and due to that incidence we advise that you secure the Gorilla permit in Advance to rest assured of the Gorilla Trekking experience on the Rwanda Gorilla Safari, Uganda Gorilla Trek and Congo Gorilla Tour, Contact the Reliable Rwanda Safari companies to secure the Gorilla permit.
Other Safari activities in Volcanoes National Park Rwanda,Visit to the grave of Dian Fossey and her gorilla Digit,Climbing visoke,Mount Karisimbi hike,Muhabura, Gahinga and Sabyinyo , Twine lakes (Burera, Ruhondo),Cave exploration,visit Musanze cave and the natural bridge, Golden Monkey Tracking,Buhanga Eco-park or find the list of what to do in Volcanoes National park.
Gorilla Select Guide Hopes that you can find the above information Helpful for the Gorilla Trekking Experience in Africa. We wish you the best.http://www.gorillaselect.com/gorilla-trekking-rules-and-regulation/Mountain Gorilla Trekking Rules and RegulationBlogCongo Trekking Rules,Dos and Donts,Gorilla Safaris rwanda,Gorilla Trekking Rules,How to Secure Gorilla permits,Mountain Gorillas,Volcanoes National Park